Sunday, July 19, 2009

1,000 logged games

For the last couple years, I've logged each game I played at BoardGameGeek.com. No real reason why, but it's nice to look back and see the new games I've played. Well, since I started logging a few years back, I have now hit the 1,000th game logged.

I created a geek-list to commemorate the occasion. Basically, it runs down the games that I've logged 5 or more plays of. There are 29 games listed.

The 1,000th game was a 3 player game of Cuba. I really like this game and it was the first time we were able to use the El Presidente expansion. I explained the rules of the expansion and re-explained the base rules to my wife and father and we started off. Jen took an early lead, but it didn't take my dad and I long to catch up. By the time our scores were in the 30's and 40's, it was a very close game - within 5 points of each place.

My dad examining a move in Cuba


In the end, with a shrewd sale of Rum for 6 dollars, and the parliament passing all the bills - I was able to steal more bonus points than either my father or wife and pulled out a 118-111-110 win. I don't care as much about the win as I do about being able to play #1000 with my dad and wife. I'm glad we played the new expansion - I really think it makes a better game. There are some expansions that don't, but that's a blog for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment